Saturday, August 4, 2007

Three Weeks At Home


After three full weeks at home, I am happy to report that our newly adopted daughters are doing very well! We've had some, shall we say, "challenges," but overall the girls are happy and adjusting nicely to their new lives. I love this shot of them, taken at sunset in Kill Devil Hills, NC. After just one week at home, we took our first family vacation at the beach. Galyna and Anastasia are very different, but we're learning to appreciate their different personalities. I'd say we're off to a great start!


It is a joy to see them bonding so well with their mom. Dana is taking a maternity leave and it has been an incredible blessing. They absolutely adore their mother and it has been amazing for me to see things in my wife I never had an opportunity to see before. Unlike me, Dana thrives on structure and she is always a patient, loving teacher.



Galyna and Christian are constant companions. She turns 14 in October, and they are seperated by seven years, but they share many common interests.


Our church put on a great Vacation Bible School, and both girls chipped in to help.

Nastia is naturally sweet and tender with children. She helped out in the nursery.

She is the only introvert in our household! Nastia is extremely shy and prefers sedentary activities. She is also very bright and has an excellent work ethic, not to mention a beautiful smile.

We got a big scare at the beach when a fearsome 40 pound pirate appeared and demanded that we surrender our booty!


Our little Galyna also has a good amount of God given athletic ability. She is on the go all the time and always eager to participate in games of any kind.

I love this. Galyna eating the first of two sloppy joes for breakfast!

I still can't believe it when I see them all together. Our home us much louder and rowdier, but God has blessed us richly. I love our family!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for the update, Jim. Its a beautiful thing to see a family come together like this.What a testimony to the faithfulness of our Lord!

The O'Haras said...

Great to see the girls integrating into North American Life....I think that is a good thing anyway...but the sloppy joes for breakfast might have to change ;). I can understand the girls hesitation about school coming up. Tracey and I are also concerned with what impact school will have on our girls and how they will fit in. Will they be with their own age/grade or does it look like they might be a year behind? Keep up the posts & pictures.

Nataliya said...

It's so nice to hear that the girls are doing good! What a nice family you have!

Ashley said...

I am so happy for all of you! We are also thinking about taking our family to the beach soon after we bring Grisha home. It is so nice to see everyone doing well. Thanks for the update. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey family and friends. Thanks for the great pics of me and your little niece Jessie. She's sweet. Real sweet. Thanks for letting me enjoy her little girl nectare. Did you get my pictures? You should post them up here. I'd a big Olympic star and I'd really like every one to see me. Next I'll send pics of me enjoying little girl Jessie's nectarine. LOL

Mike
Southern Gentleman
Olympic Star
Warrior Extraordinare