Saturday, July 14, 2007

God Bless America!

This is what we saw when we emerged from U.S. Customs last night at Dulles Int'l Airport!


Some happy girls with their little brother

Many of our friends from Alexandria showed up to our complete surprise making it even more special. Here's Dana with Quintin, Reece and Natalie.

I couldn't believe it when I saw Jim Galambos and Eric Sapp from our old church in Alexandria. The love and support of people like this is more than a little humbling. We love you guys!

Galyna and Anastasia with their Babushka Phyllis

My look at seeing my little little man after a three week absence. Boy, I was ready to come home!

The girls taking their last steps on Ukrainian soil

As much as I hate to admit it, Air France is a great airline. The trip from Paris to Washington on board this giant 777 was the most comfortable long distance flight I've ever had.



In Paris

A couple of new American citizens, arriving on the 400 year anniversary of the establishment of the first English colony at Jamestown. After being away for nearly two months, I have much greater appreciation for the land of opportunity.

Please keep our family in your prayers as we being our new lives together.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the completion of your journey to bring home your daughters.

My prayers are with you as you begin the next leg of the journey.

God Bless.

Joann
adopted Simferopol, April 2005

Blake and Millie said...

Dear Hale Family,

Congratulations on getting the girls! I have thoroughly enjoyed following your journey and found your words and observations inspirational. I had been reading your blog for quite a while when I realized that my husband works at WXIA with Jim's sister. You left us a comment at the beginning of our adoption journey.

We have been home with Irina for three and a half months, and it has been a wild ride. She has come such a long way. I pray the Lord will give you wisdom and guidance in parenting your precious children.

May God continue to bless your beautiful family. Welcome home.

Sincerely,
Millie Bridges

Leslie said...

Did you hear the collective sigh of relief from the many of us reading this blog? Thank God you're back and your family is together again. Rest, recharge, and enjoy home.

Ashley said...

I am so happy for all of you! Please let us hear from you from time to time. Congratulations on bringing the girls home! Thank you for being so kind and loving on Grisha for us!