Thursday, July 12, 2007

Farewell Ukraine!

It wasn't looking good a few hours ago, but after some fine work by Dima and Alexey of our adoption team, I have visas and passports in hand and I am flying home tomorrow with my soon-to-be new AMERICAN daughters!

When I told them the news, Galyna screamed and Nastia hasn't stopped smiling. After our English lessons of late, I think they were ready to kill me, but in the past couple of hours I've never seen them happier. We are overjoyed.

Thanks for all your prayers and the awesome love and support you've sent our way in the past seven weeks. For all your parents in process and those in the process of parenting their newly adopted kids, I hope we can continue to share our experience, strength and hope together.

We're coming home. Thanks be to God.

5 comments:

Tom Hale said...

Hurray!!!!!!!! I'm so glad y'all are coming home!

Travel Safe!

Nataliya said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kimbell and Mark said...

FINALLY!!! Praise God!

Leslie said...

Praise the Lord! This will all be much more managable with Dana by your side. God speed on your journey home!

Michael & Beverly said...

I am so happy for you and your newly multiplied family !!!
Please keep your blog going so folks like my wife and I can hear how things go stateside.
My wife and a team from our church in Va Beach are also leaving Kyiv Friday.
May God give you wisdom, discernment and patience as you raise your NEW girls.
Mike in Va Beach
Ps. We leave July 29 to adopt a teenage girl from Ooglegorsk.