Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Christian Peter!

Today our beautiful son is six years old. Christian Peter came into our lives five years ago, when he was adopted from a small town outside Moscow, Russia. The joy that our "little man" has brought into our lives is beyond description. He is truly the funniest child I've ever seen and he never ceases to amaze us with his relentless curiousity and love of learning.

Each year on his birthday, I always pray for and give thanks to God for the woman who chose to give him life. I wish I could let her know how grateful we are, and I pray that God will pour his love and mercy out on her.

Not only have we had the privilege of being Christian's parents, it was the gift of his adoption that has transformed the way we see our lives.

Today we know that we are an adoptive family because this is what God has intended for us all along. Christian knows he is a beloved child of God and he has a wonderful way of demonstrating that love to all the special people in his life, such as "Papa Herb."

5 comments:

Leslie said...

The Hale family is a beautiful picture of God's redeeming love and covenantal relationship with His chosen. Bless you, Jim and Dana, for reminding us of God's grace. Happy birthday, CP!

Nataliya said...

Oh my, October is a busy month in your family! And October 12th is very dear to my heart as it's my son's birthday too!

Happy Birthday, Christian Peter!

C said...

Hi,
I was disapointed you took down that post from the other day - I hope it wasn't because of my comment - because I wasn't trying to be... rude. I just thought I'd say what I thought about it :)
-Jacey

Jim H. said...

No problem Jacey. Your post was from your heart and it did make me realize this was not the place to address that issue. You had some very good things to say and I'm grateful for the feedback.

junglemama said...

What an awesome family you have! I'm glad I came across your sight.