I will probably never have the chance to meet you, so let me say how much you've meant to me, and to all my family. Your comments and emails have been such an important part of my life that it's hard to say goodbye. But the time has come for me to spend less time blogging and more time parenting as we become a homeschool family, juggling work and school.
I will continue reading your blogs of course, and may even start up a homeschooling blog later this summer, so perhaps you haven't heard the last of me.
Whether you are pre-adoptive, post-adoptive (or non-adoptive), I pray for all God's blessings on your journey. If you are preparing for a trip to Ukraine, I've listed some links to old posts below that you may find helpful.
The gift of adoption has been an indescribable joy for our family, and I thank you for sharing in our lives the past 13 months.
Grace and Peace - Jim
Memorable postings from our adoption trip to Ukraine:
- The Scourge of Ukraine - this is why Ukraine's orphan problem is a real humanitarian crisis.
- Going to Court - it's funny how we all get so wigged out about this. Dana wrote this beautiful post about that unforgettable day in Odessa.
- A Day in Odessa - for most adoptive families, the craziness doesn't really get started until the last few days. Type-A folks beware, NOTHING is predictable about this!
- Funky Odessa - this is a soulful city with fascinating people and surprisingly beautiful in places.
- Life in the Orphanage - nothing beautiful about this!
- Why Not Me? - a hard lesson learned.
- The Mysterious Oleg - if you're using the "Oleg team," here's the man behind those cryptic emails!
- The Ukrainian Holocaust - if your adoptive kids are from the pro-Russian parts of Ukraine (east or south), they need to know about this.
- Time Warp - I'll never forget this day, traveling back in time to an abandoned Soviet air base.
- The Permanent Things - as desperately poor as these people are, there remains much to be admired, and there's much for us to learn.
- Beach Party! - if you go in the Summer, make sure to check out the beaches.
- More on Odessa - prepare to have fun in this wild town!
- Homecoming! - the moment we all long for. I'll never forget seeing all our friends waiting for us!