Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Larry Norman 1947-2008

I've been so saddened this week after learning of the death of Larry Norman. I was a confused teenager in the late 1970's, already living self destructively and most likely headed for an early death.

I'm not sure when I first heard his music, but I'll never forget the way it made me feel to hear Norman sing with such grit and honesty about life's struggles. But his music always pointed to the hope he had in Christ and as an alienated young man feeling like an outcast, the hope I heard about from Norman was my lifeline, and it still is.

Please do yourself a favor and watch this 2006 performance of "Let The Rain Fall Down."

I thought I was a worthless servant
I didn't know I was your son
and I didn't know you had forgiveness for
everything that I had done

Praise God for my brother in heaven, Larry Norman

1 comment:

dr. david said...

Wow, his music played a big part in my life growing up as well. I was privileged to have attend several of his concerts in the 70's and 80's. What a testimony of faith to many lost and hurting youth of our generation. What a homecoming must have awaited him!
Cindie