Friday, March 28, 2008

Our "GallaGirl"

Our Galyna is a little locomotive who puts all our parenting skills to the test! Yet she's also brought so much positive energy and creativity into our family as well. One day she decided that she wanted a new purse, so she just sat down and started making one!

She says she doesn't like her "G" purse very much, but I know this will become a treasured family keepsake. It also provided me with one of those special moments when I was able to appreciate our daughter's gifts, as opposed to complaining about how little education they received in Ukraine, etc.

Galyna recently prepared family dinner all by herself, with just a little coaching from mom.

On the menu was her favorite...
Galla-Chops - seasoned with flour, bread crumbs and pepper. They were a smash hit!

Of course just about no dinner around our house would be complete without our staple -- instant mashed pototoes. We go through at least two jumbo size boxes a week! (Dana recommends a very dry Chardonnay to top off this scrumptious combination!)


5 comments:

Annie said...

Looks great to me!!! Though (unfortunately) my crew will not put up with instant potatoes - they want the real thing! And look at me askance for using that paltry potato peeler instead of a knife!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Galyna, I love the bag you made. You are talented! And then you made dinner, too. It looks like it was so yummy! Great job. :-)

junglemama said...

Wow! She did a great job on her purse. Tell her I said so. Reminds me of Laverne who always wore L's on her shirt from Laverne and Shirley.

Ashley said...

Such a talented young lady. The only talent Grisha showed me was that he could beat up Dima who is 17. Oh, have we got our work cut out for us! Just kidding...I am sure he has some talents and they will shine through soon. I love reading about your family. I believe all of your children are just wonderful! Tell Galyna she can come and cook dinner for us sometime. :)

The O'Haras said...

Well, I don't know about the instant potatoes, we have chosen to expand our supper table with baked, mashed and french fries...but we are still using the real thing. One thing for sure, our oldest can sure put the food down. Looking forward to reading your book recommendation on America's cheapest family.

You are also quite correct about the purse being an heirloom in years to come.