Friday, June 1, 2007

Grisha and Katrina

Here are two very special children, whose Moms and Dads have submitted dossiers and are anxiously awaiting their opportunity to follow in our footsteps. It's easy to see why they've captured hearts back home. Grisha has an easy-going, gentle manner, with a ready smile. He is instantly likeable and I'm guessing he really knows how to pour on the charm!

Katrina is an absolute precious doll of a little girl. Mom, you'll be pleased to know that those English lessons you're paying for (I'm assuming this) are paying off. She strolled right up and confidently greeted me in English, and then (I love this), she tried to assure me that my Russian was just as good.

Although we only had a few moments to spend with these precious kids, I want to assure their parents of something that was shared with me during those long months of waiting: they are much more patient and resilient than we are! Both of them demonstrated a quiet confidence and resolve that I wished I had in the past year-and-a-half. And, you can take heart in that they will be going to summer camp on Monday (I think). So, they're pretty excited right now.
If anyone reading this is curious about adopting an older child, please respond in the comment box and we'll send you the information. There are many more children like this at the very same orphanage in Odessa, and all over Ukraine.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Dear Jim and Dana,

I cannot even tell you how happy and excited I am for all of you! We adopted Sveta, now age 16, three years ago with Oleg's help.

My husband and I have 3 bio children, but nothing could have prepared us for the gifts we have received from our Sveta. What a blessing she has been to us!

We are going back to adopt Vova, age 15; Oleg has our dossier and we are waiting to hear good news for an appointment soon.

Continued blessings to your whole big, new family! I look forward to reading more about your adventures.

Sincerely,
Kim

cmcurry said...

Jim and Dana,
Tommy sent me your blog to update me. I couldn't be happier for you and feel blessed just in being able to share in this small way. Our prayers are with you on this family growth journey. god bless and love to all, Cynthia and Marty

The O'Haras said...

We are following your blog now and wish you the best. One of our girls is there with yours: Alyona As you said though she left for camp already. Her younger sister is Tanya in #9. Would love to see more pics of the orphanage if you get a chance to post or send via email later that would be great. We are waiting in line for Oleg to submit our Dossier to SDA. We think we are next on his list, but don't hear much from him. God Bless!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for taking this sweet picture of our precious Grisha! He is such a joy to our lives and it means a lot that you would take time to take his picture. Thanks again!